Centro Público de Educación de Personas Adultas (CPEPA) Ricardo Sola Almau
Las Monjas 27
50400 Cariñena (Zaragoza)
The center “Ricardo Sola Almau” is an Education Center which provides public education to adults (from 18, sometimes 16, until no limit age)
It offers formal, non-formal and informal education to adults from a rural area in Zaragoza (Spain): Cariñena and other 10 townships with adults education classrooms, which are distributed in a radius of 60 km. The 11 townships (localities) have a total population of 30 000. The number of inhabitants and the socioeconomic characteristics are very different between them. As a result of this diversity, the profile of the students who attend lessons and their educational needs are also very different.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Adult education: elementary education, literacy, basic competences, cultural workshops, languages, drama courses, digital literacy, health education…
- Access to academic qualifications of our education system: Training for access to official qualification courses.
- E-learning: It’s the starting point of a great variety of courses for adults through different platforms. – Aula Mentor is an open education which is promoted by the Spanish Department of Education, Culture and Science. – Moodle: It offers Secondary education, training cycles and competences course. It is a project of the department of Aragon education. – AVE. It is a public Institution created by Spanish country in 1991 to promote the learning and study of the Spanish language
- Professional training: socio-health care for elderly certificate of professional competence.
- Community development: revitalization of social life and community life of our localities by means of encounters, talks, local publications…
- Socio cultural integration of immigrants: Spanish as a tool to achieve social integration with a CLIL approach, intercultural activities.
- Educational orientation/guidance: personalized educational itineraries adapted to the students’ profiles.
- Innovation: Didactic – use of methods to recognize knowledge; adaptation of the portfolio to the profiles- technique – ICT integration in the teachings as a collaborative work tool in order to train and coordinate educators – recognized by the Department of the Autonomous Community of Aragón.
NUMBER OF PROFESSIONALS
12 hired educators and three civil servants depending on the Education Department of the Autonomous Community of Aragon:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
2015/2016 school year: Enrolments: 931. Formal education: 571. Non-formal education: 360
Quality control system: UNE – EN ISO 9001: 2008 - accredited by the Government of Aragón.